Subject: Re: Lightwave Contest Rules (Draft)
From: "Christopher, Keith" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 09:01:02 -0700

Fair ? That's to say contests of skill in sporting events aren't fair to 
those who are less skilled. What he's suggesting is to take someone who's 
still making cubes in LW and try to motivate them to make something more 
complex. The povray list has a contest and they give away CD's and such 
nothing REAL expensive. but some really nice artwork comes from it. also 
those making $$$ from LW probably have little time or motivation to do a 
contest where a CD is given away.  Bottom line is try and try again and have 
fun in learning.

Keith Christopher
 --
tomahawk ftpadmin
"Have you uploaded to tomahawk today."
 --

ftp://tomahawk.grandi.com/pub/LW

 ----------
From: dwarner
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Lightwave Contest Rules (Draft)
Date: Friday, April 19, 1996 7:51AM

On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Jonathon Bowman wrote:

>
>         Okay here's a quick draft of the rules I had in mind for the
contest.
>
>         These are by no means final ( or complete).  Please feel free to
> comment on these, suggest any new rules or improvements.

        <snip snip>

>           Anyone should feel free to enter, regardless of skill level.  I
> want this to appeal to the newbies as well as the gurus.
>
        Is this fair? How can someone whos been using LW for a few months
even begin to campare with the skill of someone who uses LW as his main
income, and has been using it for the past XX years!
        I think you might want to break this up somehow... We're not ALL
on the same playing field when it comes on skill!

        Just my $0.02 worth... Let me know what you think...

>           And most importantly of all, YOU MUST HAVE FUN!

        I totally aggre with this one...

                                                .. adrian ..
                                           [email-masked]
                                     http://www.acs.ryerson.ca/~aonsen
                              "(warning on batman costume) Caution: Cape 
does
                                          not enable user to fly"